Terms & Conditions
All Cakes made by Lou Wilcox at Crazy Daisies Bakery are subject to the following terms and conditions.
All of our ingredients are of the highest quality.
All fruit cakes used contain nuts, or traces of nuts, unless no nuts requested.
Sponge cakes are made to be eaten on the day of the celebration. The cakes are made in premises in which nuts are used, every effort is taken to keep ingredients separate, however, cakes may contain traces of nuts.
Sugar paste (the soft icing covering the cake) is not designed to be refrigerated, and as such, cakes with this icing should be stored in a cool dry place, preferably in the box they were supplied in, refrigeration may cause colours to run.
Lou prefers three months notice on wedding cakes, however, she will accept short notice cakes subject to her availability of the date required.
Any cake ordered from a picture or photo of a cake produced by any other cake maker, can only be reproduced by Crazy Daisies Bakery as Lou’s interpretation of that cake and will not be an exact reproduction of the cake in the picture or photo.
Payment of cakes
- 25% deposit at time of booking
- 50% of the balance, is payable 3 months prior to wedding date
- Final balance payment is due 2 months prior to the wedding date
- Cakes booked with less than 3 months to wedding date – 50% balance is payable on booking
- If the wedding is cancelled in the last 3 months, the money is non-refundable – you are advised to take out wedding insurance to cover you for this cost and any other wedding costs.
- Cheques made payable to ‘L Wilcox’
- Bank transfer details – HSBC, sort code 40-11-04, account number 01492144
Non-wedding occasion cakes and cupcakes:
- 50% deposit at time of booking
- Balance payable 2 weeks before collection/delivery
Deposits are non-refundable. If the cake is cancelled within 2 months of the date, all money is non-refundable.
Please note cakes with sponge tiers may not be completed until the day prior to/or of the celebration to ensure the cakes are as fresh as possible, so please prearrange viewings of any wedding cakes ordered.
No liability will be taken by the company for any omissions or errors on wedding cakes if they are not viewed by the bride prior to the wedding.
Cakes will be delivered and set up according to prearranged instructions.
Cakes can be collected from Crazy Daisies Bakery at a prearranged time and date.
From time to time Crazy Daisies Bakery designs are published in national cake magazines and other publications, and the rights are reserved to use any image of a cake made by Crazy Daisies Bakery for publication at a later date.
Return of Hired Equipment
All hired equipment must be returned within 3 days of the wedding date (unless alternative arrangements have been agreed prior to wedding) or extra charges may be levied to cover further hire costs.
Any costs to repair/replace damage to hired equipment will deducted from deposits paid to hire the said equipment.
Wedding Cakes – What Happens Now?
After you have booked your wedding cake, what can you expect between now and your big day?
What Crazy Daisies Bakery will do
At the time of booking
Lou will enter your wedding details into her company diary and work timetable.
3 Months before your wedding
- Arrange any fruit cakes required for your wedding cake
- Source out any ribbon colours, decorations or unusual items required for your cake
- Confirm 50% balance payment and date required
- Arrange any stands/cake knives required
1 to 2 month before your wedding
- Contact you to check details for the wedding have not changed since making the booking
- Confirm balance outstanding and when payment is required – 2 months before wedding date
- Confirm delivery time and place with you
- Begin the decorations for the cake
1 week before your wedding
- Contact your venue to confirm delivery and set up details with them or confirm collection details with you
- Complete cake final details
1 day before your wedding/Day of your wedding
- Deliver and set up cake (if arranged)
What Crazy Daisies Bakery would like you to do
- Keep Lou informed of any changes and amendments to your details as soon as they happen, by email is preferred firstname.lastname@example.org